“Simple Tips to Make Rice Pudding”
With less than 30 mins preparation time and 1 – 2 hours cooking time, this recipe serves 4.
A real classic, and yet so easy to cook in the oven on the weekend. This foolproof recipe for Rice Pudding has maximum comfort factor, so you can keep your cupcakes.
- 1¾ pints goat milk
- 3½ fl oz. pudding rice
- 1½ oz. butter
- 2½ oz. super fine sugar
- 5fl oz double cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- plenty freshly grated nutmeg
- Preheat the oven to 285°F.
- Melt the butter in a heavy-based casserole dish over a medium heat. Add the rice and stir to coat. Add the sugar, stirring until dissolved. Continue stirring until the rice swells and becomes sticky with sugar.
- Now, pour in the milk and keep stirring until no lumps remain. Add the cream and vanilla extract and bring the mixture to a simmer. Once this is reached, give the mixture a final stir and grate at least a third of a nutmeg over the surface. Bake for 1-1½ hours and cover with foil if the surfaces browns too quickly.
- Once there is a thin, tarpaulin-like skin on the surface, and the pudding only just wobbles in the center, it is ready.
- Serve at room temperature.