Check out today’s Rakuten.com Shopping Marketplace Deals!
You can serve this rich warm chocolate sauce over ice cream, poached pears or meringues.
Less than 30 minutes preparation time and 10 to 30 minutes cooking time. This recipe serves 4
- 6fl oz goat milk
- 7oz good-quality dark chocolate, minimum 70 per cent cocoa solids, chopped
- 2 tbsp double cream
- 1¼oz superfine sugar
- 1¼oz chilled butter, cut into cubes
- Bring a little water to the boil in a pan, then reduce the heat until the water is simmering. Suspend a heatproof bowl over the water – do not allow the base of the bowl to touch the water. Add the chocolate and melt slowly, stirring occasionally, until very smooth. Remove the bowl from the heat.
- Bring the milk, cream and sugar to the boil in a saucepan over a medium heat, whisking continuously.
- Pour the boiling cream mixture over the melted chocolate, whisking continuously until the mixture is smooth and well combined.
- Return the chocolate and cream mixture to the pan and heat until just simmering, stirring continuously. Allow to bubble over the heat for a few seconds, then turn off the heat and whisk in the butter, a cube at a time, until the sauce is smooth and glossy and all the butter has melted.
- Strain the chocolate sauce through a fine sieve, then serve immediately.
You can pour the chocolate sauce over ready-made meringues.Click Here! Buttermilk Dairy Milk Eggnog Flavored Milk Heavy Cream Light Cream Whipping Cream Sour Cream Whipped Toppings Yogurt Packaged Cheese Feta Mozzarella Parmesan Provolone Ricotta Vegetarian Blue Cheese Cheddar Cheese Blends Almond Milk Soy Milk Milk Substitutes Butter & Margarine Cheese Assortments & Samplers