Sugar-Free Low-Fat Cheesecake Mousse Mix
This creamy goat cheese mousse is served with balsamic strawberries and strawberry gel and is topped with granola.
1 to 2 hours preparation time and 1 – 2 hours cooking time. This recipe serves 4.
- a vacuum pack bag
- silicone mat
Ingredients for granola:
- 1¾oz rolled oats
- 1oz peeled walnuts, roughly chopped
- 1oz peeled hazelnuts, roughly chopped
- 1¾oz unsalted butter
- 1 oz. Dried cranberries, roughly chopped
- 1 oz.dried apricots, roughly chopped
- 1 oz. Dried bananas, roughly chopped
- 1 oz. Freeze-dried strawberries, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp honey
Ingredients for mousse:
- 2½ fl oz goat milk
- 5½ oz caster sugar
- 5½ oz double cream
- 5½ oz cream cheese
- 1 oz pink peppercorns, crushed
- 4½ oz soft goat cheese
Ingredients for balsamic strawberries:
- 1 punnet of strawberries
- 3½ fl oz white balsamic vinegar
- 5g lemon balm, finely chopped
Ingredients for strawberry gel:
- 4fl oz strawberry purée
- 2¼ oz caster sugar
- 2g agar-agar
Ingredients for Tuile:
- For the granola, preheat the oven to 225 degrees F
- Toast the rolled oats, walnuts and hazelnuts in a dry frying pan until golden-brown.
- Remove from the pan and then heat the butter in the frying pan until foaming.
- Mix the toasted ingredients, along with the cranberries, apricots, dried bananas and freeze-dried strawberries in the foaming butter, maple syrup and honey until coated.
- Place on a baking tray and bake in the oven for 45 minutes.
- Remove the granola from the oven and allow to cool. Pulse in a food processor until broken up into pieces.
- For the mousse, add all of the ingredients to a free-standing food mixer and beat until the mixture thickens and comes together. Place in the fridge to chill for 30 minutes until needed.
- For the balsamic strawberries, slice the strawberries and add to a vacuum pack bag with the balsamic vinegar and finely chopped lemon balm. Seal and leave to marinate for 20 minutes.
- For the strawberry gel, add the strawberry purée, caster sugar and agar-agar to a pan and boil for one minute.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool and set, before blending to a smooth gel.
- For the tuile, add the Isomalt, liquid glucose, 1fl oz water and caster sugar to a saucepan and heat to 320 degrees F. Pour onto a baking tray lined with a silicone mat and leave to set. Break into desired shapes.
- To serve, make quenelles of the chilled goat cheese mousse and roll in the crushed granola and then place onto a serving plate. Arrange slices of balsamic strawberries to the side. Dot the plate with strawberry gel. Place the sugar tuile on top of the mousse. Garnish with lemon balm. Click Here! Buttermilk Dairy Milk Eggnog Flavored Milk Heavy Cream Light Cream Whipping Cream Sour Cream Whipped Toppings Yogurt Packaged Cheese Feta Mozzarella Parmesan Provolone Ricotta Vegetarian Blue Cheese Cheddar Cheese Blends Almond Milk Soy Milk Milk Substitutes Butter & Margarine Cheese Assortments & Samplers