May 23 2014
Grocery & Gourmet Food Dairy, Cheese & Eggs Artisan Cheese Cottage Cheese Cream Cheese Milk & Cream
Homemade cheese ravioli will boost your gourmet cooking credit in short order. Just stuff it with cheese and best of all, you can prepare this inexpensive meal for 2 in just less than an hour.
- Fresh goat cheese – chevre, mozzarella or other soft cheese
- Wonton skins – sold in grocery stores for oriental wontons
- 2 eggs – egg whites
- Keep a wet towel over the wonton skins while working to keep them soft and pliable so they would not crack.
- Fill each skin with a dab of cheese, (Frozen cheese works best, as it does not melt clear out of the ravioli), fold over and seal the edges with egg whites brushed on the seams.
- Bake, boil or fry the ravioli and serve them with a good red tomato sauce of your choice (or your favorite sauce), grate some fresh cheese over it, and enjoy!