You can opt to use a cheese that is flavored with dill, oregano or an Italian blend of flavorings.
- Manicotti shells
- Fresh goat cheese (chevre, vinegar cheese)
- Mozzarella cheese
- 1 egg
- A good red sauce, marinara, garlic, or other sauce of your choice
- salt and pepper to taste
- Mix mozzarella cheese, soft cheese, and egg together in a bowl.
- In a 9 x 13 inch pan, pour a small layer of sauce in the bottom, fill each manicotti noodle with cheese mixture, and lay them in the pan.
- Pour sauce over the entire set of manicotti noodles, cover and bake at 350°F until shells begin to soften well.
- Uncover and add more cheese to the top and bake until it melts well.
- Serve hot with a good crispy salad and fresh bread.
* Tip: Making the sauce with a bit more liquid than usual really helps the noodles soften well.
“Delicious! and you will have a dish your family will love! The kids like to help stuff the noodles too!”