Remember, for all facials, start with freshly cleansed skin. Then, apply a very warm, moist cloth to the face for a few minutes to open the pores. Apply the facial mixture and leave on for 10-20 minutes. Wash off gently with a warm, wet cloth. Finally, rinse with cool water to close the pores and help retain the nourishing benefits of the facial ingredients.
Goat Yogurt Facial Recipe
Cucumber makes this recipe cool and refreshing, and leaves skin feeling smooth, clean and toned. Blend all ingredients thoroughly with a food processor or blender to ensure a smooth mixture.
- 1/2 of a small cucumber, seeded
- 1/2 cup goat yogurt
- 1-2 tsp. goat milk powder to thicken
Experimenting with homemade facials is a lot of fun, and no doubt you will find original combination that are even better than these. So, get off the beaten path, and make your own recipes! Here are a few more ideas to fuel your thoughts.
- Sour cream can usually be substituted for yogurt. When trying this, reduce the amount of thickeners, such as corn starch or powdered milk, as the sour cream is usually a good bit thicker than yogurt.
- Most fruits make great additions to facials. Pineapple, papaya, bananas and grapes are commonly used. Orange juice and lemon juice contain vitamin C, but use carefully, as these may irritate some skin types.
- Add in crushed fresh herbs, like peppermint, catnip, or chamomile, or use tea from the herbs as the liquid portion of the facial.
And, remember that skin needs to be nourished from the inside too.
Hence, in addition to using your homemade facials, drink your goat milk every day to give your skin and the rest of your body the protein and other nutrients it needs to look and feel great!