Organic Goat Milk Soap
- 15 oz. organic olive oil
- 5 oz. organic palm oil
- 5 oz. organic coconut oil
- 3.5 oz. lye
- 8 oz. goat milk
- 1/2 cup organic oatmeal
- 1 oz. lavender or lilac essential oil for fragrance (optional)
- Soap molds
*Cautions, wear rubber gloves when handling lye.
Organic goat milk soap offers a natural and less-abrasive form of cleansing bar. Organic goat milk soap aids in the treatment of mild to moderate acne. Light essential oil scent can be added to the soap and oatmeal mix, if desired. This recipe yields approximately 12 bars of organic soap.
- Purchase molds. Chocolate or candy-making molds are permissible for use in soap making. Do not reuse molds for chocolate making once used in the soap making process.
- Combine 1/2 cup organic oatmeal with 1 oz. fragrance oil, and set aside. Lavender scent is recommended.
- Mix all remaining soap base materials together in a stainless steel bowl.
- Heat inside a slow cooker on medium heat until melting occurs. Do not reuse the slow cooker for food preparation.
- Mix fragrance mixture into the slow cooker.
- Pour soap mix into molds once it is warm enough to handle safely.
- Cool soap mix for 24 hours. Remover from molds and use. Clean molds with warm water, dry and store.